Cheesy Camp Burgers
Take a regular old cheeseburger to the next level by padding the interior of your patty with a wedge of cheese. Oh, yes we did.
- 4 20-g rounds of Babybel cheese
- 1.5 kg medium ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 hamburger buns
- 2 tomatoes , sliced
- 2 dill pickles , sliced lengthwise
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Cut each cheese in half horizontally to make 8 rounds.
- Divide beef into 16 portions. Flatten each into a very thin patty, about 4 in. wide. Lay 1 cheese round in the centre of each of 8 patties, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges well to seal in the cheese, then pat down to flatten to 5 in. wide. Sprinkle both sides of burgers with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill. Barbecue burgers, lid closed, until cooked through, 5 to 7 min per side. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and pickles.
Camp prep tip
Freeze burgers and keep in cooler. Barbecue frozen burgers, lid closed, about 8 min per side.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 42 g,
- 27 g,
- 24 g,
- 2 g,
- 696 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin B12
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
Grilled Hawaiian pizza
Total 30 min
Grilled tofu banh mi burger
Total 35 min
Japanese hot dog
Total 20 min
Mexican hot dog
Total 15 min
Seafood swap series: Crispy chipotle air fryer crab cake sliders
Seafood swap series: Crispy BLTTs with ultimate sauce
5 easy no-bake desserts for every occasion
Seafood swap series: Potato chip-crusted halibut and chips
© Copyright 2022 St. Joseph Communications.