Crispy Oven-Baked Trout
Reader Kristin White of Toronto suggested this super-simple Parmesan- and panko-crusted trout recipe, and it’s a real winner.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 lb. rainbow trout fillets
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and garlic in a small bowl. Combine panko and Parmesan in a large bowl.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on to flesh side of trout, then sprinkle on panko mixture to coat.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 12 min or until fish begins to flake when you press down firmly in the centre of the fillets.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 39 g,
- 5 g,
- 18 g,
- 0.25 g,
- 240 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent April 2014 issue.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
The New Tuna Casserole
Total 35 min
Air fryer salmon with five-spice vegetables
Total 25 min
Tuna cakes with tartar sauce
Total 30 min
Hearty chicken soup
Total 60 min
Seafood swap series: Crispy chipotle air fryer crab cake sliders
Seafood swap series: Crispy BLTTs with ultimate sauce
5 easy no-bake desserts for every occasion
Seafood swap series: Potato chip-crusted halibut and chips
© Copyright 2022 St. Joseph Communications.