Easy Blended Vegetable Soup
Forget the can, homemade vegetable soup can be on your table in just 40 minutes (using ingredients you likely already have on hand).
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 cups frozen vegetable mix , such as broccoli and cauliflower
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp 2% Greek yogurt
- small crackers , or croutons, optional
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, 3 to 4 min.
- Add frozen vegetables and broth. Boil until vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 min.
- Pour into a blender. Purée until smooth. Divide into 4 bowls.
- Divide yogurt among bowls. Serve topped with crackers, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 4 g,
- 607 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent February 2016 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo by Erik Putz.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
Curried butternut squash and cauliflower soup
Total 30 min
Total 40 min
The New Tuna Casserole
Total 35 min
Kitchen Sink Cheese Omelette
Total 15 min
Seafood swap series: Crispy chipotle air fryer crab cake sliders
Seafood swap series: Crispy BLTTs with ultimate sauce
5 easy no-bake desserts for every occasion
Seafood swap series: Potato chip-crusted halibut and chips
© Copyright 2022 St. Joseph Communications.