Ground turkey egg roll bowls
Turn your favourite appetizer into a tasty dinner-ready bowl.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion , thinly sliced
- 450 g ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 397-g bag coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- cooked rice , (optional)
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, then onion. Cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 min. Add turkey, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until no pink remains, about 4 to 5 min.
- Add coleslaw, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted, 4 to 5 min.
- Divide among bowls, then top with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 11 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,
- 738 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin a
Originally published in the Today’s Parent November/December 2019 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
Roasted red pepper hummus pasta
Total 25 min
Pesto pasta with sausage meatballs
Total 20 min
Crispy bran chicken parmesan
Total 30 min
Sheet pan chicken fajitas with salsa fresca
Total 30 min
Seafood swap series: Crispy chipotle air fryer crab cake sliders
Seafood swap series: Crispy BLTTs with ultimate sauce
5 easy no-bake desserts for every occasion
Seafood swap series: Potato chip-crusted halibut and chips
© Copyright 2022 St. Joseph Communications.