Pan-Fried Tilapia with Tomatoes and Capers
Budget-friendly tilapia is topped with a savoury tomato and caper salsa.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets , (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes , (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp capers , drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup white wine , sodium-free chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge fish in flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add fish in a single layer and fry for 2 to 3 min a side or until golden and just cooked through. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté for 30 sec. or until beginning to turn golden. Add tomatoes and capers and cook for 1 min or until softened. Add wine, stock or water, bring to a boil and cook for 1 min or until reduced and just saucy. Add parsley. Serve sauce spooned over fish.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 12 g,
- 15 g,
- 1 g,
- 388 mg.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
The New Tuna Casserole
Total 35 min
Air fryer salmon with five-spice vegetables
Total 25 min
Tuna cakes with tartar sauce
Total 30 min
Hearty chicken soup
Total 60 min
Seafood swap series: Crispy chipotle air fryer crab cake sliders
Seafood swap series: Crispy BLTTs with ultimate sauce
5 easy no-bake desserts for every occasion
Seafood swap series: Potato chip-crusted halibut and chips
© Copyright 2022 St. Joseph Communications.