Poached Frozen Fish
This recipe works equally well with frozen cod, salmon, haddock, sole, tilapia or Alaskan pollock.
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery , cut into quarters
- 1 onion , cut into quarters
- 400 g frozen fish fillets
- In a wide saucepan, heat water with lemon juice, bay leaves, peppercorns, carrot, celery and onion. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add frozen fish fillets. Continue to simmer gently, uncovered, until fish flakes—about 3 minutes for individual fillets, 15 minutes for fish frozen together in a block.
- Remove fillets from poaching liquid and serve.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
Total 40 min
Air fryer salmon with five-spice vegetables
Total 25 min
Delicious lentil dhal
The New Tuna Casserole
Total 35 min
Seafood swap series: Crispy chipotle air fryer crab cake sliders
Seafood swap series: Crispy BLTTs with ultimate sauce
5 easy no-bake desserts for every occasion
Seafood swap series: Potato chip-crusted halibut and chips
© Copyright 2022 St. Joseph Communications.