Turkey Dinner Purée
A mix of turkey and potatoes with a cranberry swirl, this is a classic supper to be served with a spoon.
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup mashed boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- pinch poultry seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp homemade cranberry sauce , or chopped cranberries, optional
- Combine turkey, potato, applesauce, ½ cup broth, poultry seasoning and cranberry sauce, if using, in a medium saucepan set over medium. Boil, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat.
- Scrape into a blender. Purée until smooth, adding remaining broth until desired consistency.
Nutrition (per tbsp)
- 2 g,
- 2 g,
- 5 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2015 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen. Photo: Roberto Caruso.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
Cheese and Sausage Croissant Strata
Total 85 min
The New Tuna Casserole
Total 35 min
Quick Margherita Pizza
Total 22 min
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Total 30 min
Seafood swap series: Crispy chipotle air fryer crab cake sliders
Seafood swap series: Crispy BLTTs with ultimate sauce
5 easy no-bake desserts for every occasion
Seafood swap series: Potato chip-crusted halibut and chips
© Copyright 2022 St. Joseph Communications.