Vanilla Cookies with Crystal Sugar
Classic sugar cookies are a holiday staple, try dressing these simple-to-make cookies with crystal sugar as a finishing touch.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup light blue coarse sugar
- Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter with granulated sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high, until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Gather into a ball. Divide dough in half, then roll each portion into a 2-in.-wide log. Pour coarse sugar onto a baking sheet. Roll each log in coarse sugar, pressing lightly until logs are well coated. Roll logs in waxed paper and twist ends. Chill until firm, about 1 hour or overnight.
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Slice cookies into 1/4-in. rounds and arrange 1 in. apart on prepared sheets. Cookies will spread when baked. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching halfway through, until cookies are just turning golden around the edges, 12 to 15 min. Let cookies cool on sheets for 1 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Cookies will keep well, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 5 days.
- 1 g,
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 29 mg.
Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2014 issue, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen powered by GE.LESEN SIE MEHR: